In the Loop
The latest news and updates from The Brooklyn Green School.
Thought of the Day: "Equality is leaving the door open for anyone who has the means to approach it; equity is ensuring there is a pathway to that door for those who need it." - Caroline Belden in the Equity vs. Equality Series, The Inclusion Solution
Resources and updates are being posted to the website and our social media regularly. This also includes the most recent version of our proposed reopening model. Most resources are also available on the BKG Parent Portal. A brief summary of our proposed plan is as follows:
- Monday: All students participate in remote instruction
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday & Friday: 6th, 7th and 8th-grade Pods participate in-person instruction
Session #1 - Creating an effective study schedule: 2/2 @ 4:30 pm
Session #2 - Strategies to improve the home study space: 2/9 @ 4:30 pm
Session #3 - Strategies to keep your child motivated: 2/23 @ 4:30 pm
Session #4 – Stress Management: 3/2 @ 4:30 pm
Session #5 – Beating Procrastination: 3/9 @ 4:30 pm
Session #6 – Supporting independent learning skills at home: 3/16 @ 4:30 pm
NYC Schools Account (NYCSA)
Did you know that you can track your child’s education on any computer, phone, or tablet? You can also sign the COVID consent form, right in the NYC Schools Account (NYCSA). You can sign up for an account by entering a few basic details. This will allow you to begin receiving notifications from the DOE. It only takes five minutes, and it is the first step in getting a full account.
Please visit this link to create an account - https://mystudent.nyc/
BKG Guitar Program Showcase
The scholars in our guitar program have been hard at work on building their guitar skills. We hope you enjoy their first showcase! We are very proud to partner with Internal Creations, Inc. to provide this program to our scholars.
BKG Guitar Program Showcase 2020-21
BKG Back to School Supply List is now LIVE!
The materials that will help your child be prepared to succeed this year (and are required for their classes) has been posted on our school website. Additionally, families can now purchase their school shirts from our online store! Make your back to school purchases while sale prices and supplies last!
Additional Resources & Updates
How to Stay in the Know!
At BKG, our families matter most.
At The Brooklyn Green School, we believe that schools thrive when families and teachers work together, as genuine partners, to maximize student learning inside and outside of school. In order to achieve this shared goal, we are all about forging strong relationships within our school community. The first step in relationship building is to make sure that we keep our lines of communication open!
Currently, we use the following methods to help our families stay connected and "in the know:"
- Email - We send out emails with important information and updates to our school community. Email email@example.com if you have not been getting our emails and we will add you to our emailing listserv.
- School Website - We frequently post events, updates and info on our website, so be sure to check in daily!
- Remind - We work hard to consistently engage with families, and Remind is one way we message families! Messages are delivered right to your cell phone as a text message. Text @ms898 to 81010, or click here to join our Remind community!
- Google Voice & Voice Robocalls - While the building is closed you can reach us by phone using our Google Voice telephone number: 732-800-6708
- Social Media Platforms - The Brooklyn Green School has a very active social life! Social media life that is! Be sure to follow and like us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram!